Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chacruna Rooting Guide

The only plant I have grown dropped all its leaves and quickly died. The whole process took about a fortnight. I believe it was due to overwatering and large day/night temperature fluctuations. Que Sera Sera.

Since the above was written, there have been further developments with my dead Psychotria viridis plant. It was left on a cold bedroom windowsill throughout Winter. The soil got a bit mouldy and eventually dried out. The growing tip was brown and dead. I gave up hope, but somehow or another, I never got round to throwing it in the compost bin. At the beginning of Spring, I noticed that the stem was still green. Just for the sake of it really, I decided to water it one more time, with the addition of some Cheshunt compound to stop the mould coming back. Within a week or two, new shoots had appeared on four nodes. It came back from the dead.
Техника рутинга, похоже, в целом применима и к другим растениям... но вот история с гибернацией весьма порадовала.

No comments:

Post a Comment